Monday, March 1, 2010

7 weeks until....

Chestita Baba Marta!

You have to love a tradition that celebrates the end of winter and welcomes in the spring. I am ready!

We have 7 weeks before we get to meet our little guy. I say little because he was 26 lbs. in September. We have only seen one picture of him and are not expecting to get anymore:(
We have been busy getting his room together. But our biggest challenge...both out laptop and camera decided that they were done. So we have been looking for the right ones with cost being a major factor. We ordered a camera, but Barry is hoping to fix our laptop. He is trying everything he can think of!
I still shake my head and can not believe that we are going to be in Bulgaria in 7 weeks. I just want to hold him and get to know him. I wonder how much they prepare him for?? When we adopted T he was only 11 months old so he went with us no questions asked. From the moment we left the orphanage we never had any issues with bonding. He trusted us completely! With D I have a lot of anxiety about how he will feel. Are the kids prepared at all for meeting us? I would doubt it, but if anyone knows please share your experience.

We ordered the Phases for children CD and got it today! We got it very quickly. I will let you know what we think after we listen to it.
Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. We love the CD! We have it in our van, so whenever we're driving somewhere we put it in and listen. Our kids are getting a lot of it already. They may need to translate for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get your CD? I ordered back in January. I emailed them twice after noticing that the funds were still sitting in Paypal "unclaimed." With no responses to my emails, Paypal finally returned my money to me, but I'd rather have the CD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cd, but haven't listened to it in awhile. 7 weeks how exciting. I wish I could see pics of him but I know you probably have to wait until court to share. Our computer is also giving us grief...

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as orphanages telling children parents are coming...no. They just don't do it. Many times they'll say the day of your arrival that you have "special guests" coming to visit you today. This has been our experience w/ all our kids. For some, it created great confusion. For others, it was fine. It depends a lot upon the age of the child as well. So happy for you. We'll have to get together sometime...we live in Garner! Safe travels and can't wait to hear more. What region are you going to? Best wishes on a wonderful journey to your son. STephanie--www.10kidsin2010.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love you guys so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEK!! I can't wait. Please tell me what Little Guy's new room is like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm coming out of lurker mode here....we just submitted our Dossier and I'm excited to read your journey.

    I actually have read a few times that in Bulgaria the kids ARE prepared for the visit. There is a culture of telling them that their forever families will one day come for them, etc....I think that it might differ from orphanage to orphanage but most seem to be expecting/hoping for a visitor who takes them home with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey y'all! So, I didn't comment last week like I told you I would when I read your blog. I started reading last week, though. I found you on my mind a good bit last week and prayed for you. I look forward to hearing more about your trip to Bulgaria and seeing pics of your little guy!

    ReplyDelete